Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Day 2 Plans

School has not even started yet for teachers and I'm already freaking out about not having enough accomplished. You can check out my Day 1 plans here. Now it is on to Day 2.

If students remember back to Day 1 when we went through the class routine of checking my Google Site for the day's agenda, then hopefully students will come in, sit down, and open up their Chromebooks to get started. On my Site, there will be a link to the Friday Funny (YAY FRIDAY!). I have a Pinterest board full of goofy pictures, comics, and sayings that I will work my way through on Friday's. A quick discussion will tie this right into Day 1's homework which was a welcome survey that asked them to reflect on their strengths and weaknesses as teenagers, as students, and as learners of mathematics.

Next Up: True Colors. I used this one as my starting point to create my version.






Then onto a Multiple Intelligences inventory. I really liked Sarah's but tweaked it a tad.




Then there's a quick graphic organizer to fill out that summarizes the information from these two surveys which we will put in our INBs when we get them next week!

Then, in groups of two or three, students will complete a shortened version of Five Easy Pieces. It's about time we get our problem-solving brains turned on! I have never used this activity before, so I cannot wait to see how it goes.

To wrap-up, students will have to create a six-word summary (idea borrowed from here!) about the first two days of class. I can't wait to see (a) how many students have summaries that are not six words, and (b) what they actually write.

Students will be given a Screening Test as homework (they will have a few nights to complete it). BLAH. BORING. But, I need data, data everywhere, so this is a good starting point.


0 comments:

Post a Comment