Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Revamped Syllabus!

News flash! Teenagers do not like wordy syllabi! For my first four years teaching, I passed out a 2-3 page course outline on either the first or second day of school. It was jam-packed full of information, but it was boring and definitely too much text.

Year 5... I decided to be more creative. While it is still two pages, I HOPE it is a lot more visually appealing and certainly has far less text!



Ideally, my students this year will at least take a look at it. I also strategically placed the information I definitely want them to see on the first page, so if they never flip it over... the world will not end. 

I also eliminated the part where a family member had to sign the course outline. Truth be told... I think most of the signatures I received back were forged. 

One big thing you might notice - I AM BRINGING BACK INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOKS THIS YEAR! YAY!


2 comments:

  1. Love it! Do you have a link for the document?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I added a link in the post. It might not be formatted as nicely without the same fonts.

      Delete