Pages

Monday, August 17, 2015

Organization! :-D

Alas, tomorrow will be both a sad and happy day. My brother (who am I kidding, he is really like my child) is off to college. I will be dropping him off with all of his stuff. I hope he has a great time, while also being successful academically. I hope he is more excited tomorrow; lately, he has been rather indifferent. My best friend, whom I have essentially raised for a few years, is moving out, but I know he will do great things! *very proud*

Anyway, that being said, I have not been doing much preparatory work for school the last few days, as I have been helping him pack and trying to spend more time with him.

However, I did start organizing my materials for the first few weeks. I have always been a very organized person, but this year, I may be even more crazier. Besides having binders for each unit, now everything is in sheet protectors! No more holes in the side of the "master" copies.


I also started sorting through all of my task cards, cart sorts, etc. and organizing and labeling them! I bought these poly envelopes because they were colorful, durable, and convenient. Why do I say convenient? Well, I am in three different classrooms during the day... and never the same room two periods in a row. So, I need something small and portable to stick in my backpack. :-)


Not colorful, you say? How about when you see the first tub? They are now in chronological order as well.


Hopefully I keep up with the organization and put everything back in its rightful place as we use it. 



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. yes! @missmath13
      I joined Twitter a looong time ago, but never got into it. In fact, I forgot about it. But, maybe I'll start mingling in. :)

      Delete
  2. Can you share your source for the poly envelopes? Love those for keeping card sorts and activities organized. I use big yellow envelopes now, but those would be so much better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I bought these:
      http://www.staples.com/Staples-reg-Poly-Zip-Envelopes-Assorted-Color-Zip-Check-Size/product_344891

      However, I bought them in a Staples store when they were on sale for $0.50 each. Keep an eye on the circular if you have a Staples nearby! :)

      Delete