Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Small Changes

The first day of school is quickly approaching! Teachers return on September 1st, and students come back on the 3rd!

Something that I thought I liked last year, but ended up being really annoyed with was how much "extra" stuff I did in the beginning of the year before getting into the math! It seemed like a good idea at the time - my True Colors survey, a Multiple Intelligence Survey, and some activities. However, in reality, it just ate up a good 3 days when really two of those should have been spent on getting started with content.

This year, I'm going to plan for a much shorter course introduction.

One thing I want to start is Google Classroom. It seems really easy to add announcements each day. I am currently planning to post an abbreviated agenda each day - the warm-up, what we are learning, etc. I can also post assignments. I just wish it was connected to Google Calendar. Also, It seems like I can integrate it with a Google Drive folder to share materials.


What I do not know is if this is better or worse than a Google Site. I guess I really need to think about using both of them in tandem to accomplish what I want. The Google Classroom for announcements and the Google Site as a file cabinet and calendar. Hmm... 

I also created a Google Form to streamline do-now activities. Google will automatically collect their usernames and timestamp.


I had wanted to use Google Forms for do-nows last year, but after the first three weeks of school, I had so many forms and so many spreadsheets, I simply quit. This way, I can have the do-now projected on the board, but all of the responses go to one central location. I hope that will work out better. 

This summer I still want to blog about:
- My first day of school plans
- General ideas for my resource level course
- Big changes in my CP co-taught course
- Anything else I can think of :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment