Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Lesson Planning

I have found the last few years that my lesson plans start out excellent, but then as the year goes on, they become more and more bare.

I am hoping to eliminate that decline in formal plan quality this year by getting a jump start!

First, I took all of my units and color-coded them in the gradebook/lesson planner. I added one lesson for each topic under each unit. There are 11 units total, but here is one screen shot.


Then, I took each unit and wrote a "Unit Plan". I included a unit summary, enduring understandings, essential questions, learning targets, interdisciplinary connections, and 21st century connections. There is also space in each unit to include a unit rationale and formative assessments. I have not completed those for any of the 11 units yet. I also attached all of the standards that will be addressed throughout the unit. 


Then, I went through the lesson plans for the first semester (and aim to have the year done before school starts) and inputted the specific learning target, essential question, and standard(s) to be addressed. That way, during the school year the only parts I need to fill out are the procedures, assessments, and homework! I am hoping since I  have the somewhat tedious part done, that I will not feel exhausted and tired of writing formal lesson plans during the year. 

I guess time will tell if this time and effort was well spent! :)







0 comments:

Post a Comment