Pages

Saturday, September 6, 2014

2 days down, 178 to go!

The rosters for my co-taught CP classes are continually changing so we are starting "actual" math lessons on Monday. My resource rosters usually do not change too much, so we had some fun the past two days. You can check out my plans in a previous post - as usual, I wanted to do too much and it just did not fit.

I have two highlights, both of which occurred Friday:

(1) My period 4/5 class completed Five Easy Pieces and it was WONDERFUL. I loved them talking in groups and actually completing the activity. One girl remarked "I know there's variables and stuff, but this doesn't feel like math class. It's fun." WIN!

(2) I asked my students to complete a short welcome survey (by Monday, so I am still missing many of them). One of my students, who I heard horror stories about, had a really successful two days AND he completed his survey AND he mentioned in it that he wants to go to Fordham and be a photographer. HE HAS A GOAL. That gives us something to work toward, especially if he does start acting like the student he was last year. But so far so good.

Other than that, I already feel behind. I have no lesson plans written for next week yet. I have not even sent an email home to all the parents introducing myself and our class yet. That's all on this weekend's agenda! EEK! So much to do - I need another summer to prepare! :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment